The MAP-ECU3 replaces the MAP-ECU2 and is a major functional upgrade over the MAP-ECU with the following features:
1. USB Interface which also powers the MAP-ECU3 for out of vehicle configuration.
2. Optional WiFi interface to be released shortly after the MAP-ECU3 is released.
3. Built-in +42 PSI MAP Sensor.
4. Additional general purpose Analog Input and Output for FCD, etc.
5. Fully configurable Inputs and Outputs, including TPS and O2 inputs.
6. Advanced Launch Control with Speed Input and Timing Retard.
7. Advanced NOS™ activation with RPM, Throttle, Boost and Speed parameters.
8. Sixteen (16) operational modes including: MAF Elimination, MAF Intercept, TPS load, and more.
9. Full Timing advance and retard control of up to eight (8) channels for Distributor, Group Fire or Coil On Plug configurations using a 20 x 19 (380 zone) table.
10. Auxiliary Injector control using a 20 x 19 (380 zone) table.
11. OEM O2 & AFR Sensor Adjust 26 x 19 (494 zone) table allowing control over Air/Fuel ratios, even in Closed-loop mode.
12. 10,000 RPM scale.
13. Two (2) complete sets of Fuel, Timing, Auxiliary Injector, O2 Adjust and EBC tables selectable using a dashboard mounted switch.
14. Electronic Boost Control with 1000 RPM target boost points. External and Internal Wastegate support including Fast Spool mode for Internal Wastegates.
15. 2 x Fuel Cut Defeat (FCD) with over boost safety release.
16. Combined Speed Cut Defeat (SCD) and Speed Adjust.
17. Lean Boost Retard safety function
18. External MAP Sensor option
19. User selectable pressure scales
MAP-ECU 3 WiFi option:
MAP-ECU3 WiFi retrofit kit, includes MAP-ECU3-WiFi module, a new
aluminum side plate, 1" WiFi antenna, square drive screw driver bit and
The MAP-ECU3 kit includes: MAP-ECU3, Main 16-Way harness, 18-Way Timing Harness, PC CDROM software, 2 metre USB cable, Inlet Air Temp (IAT) sensor and manual in PDF format. The MAP-ECU3 works on Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Porsche, Proton, Subaru, Toyota, VW and most other late model fuel injected vehicles using most major types of air metering systems (Hotwire, Flap, and Karman-Vortex) found in use today. It can be installed on any 1-10 cylinder engine in less than an hour, and completely replaces the restrictive factory air meter. 'No special fitting kits or special adaptors are required. See the latest wiring diagrams under Support on our website: www.mapecu.com.
The benefits include:
1. More horsepower and torque by removal of the restrictive factory air meter and control over timing.
2. Ideal for NA to forced induction conversions.
3. The ability to use the stock ECM to control larger fuel injectors and/or performance upgrades.
4. Alter OEM Air/Fuel ratios, even in Closed-Loop mode, for improved gas mileage or power.
5. Retains the daily driveability of the stock ECM which is usually sacrificed with a full aftermarket engine management upgrade.
6. Real-time tuning using Windows™ based MAP-CAL3 software supplied with the unit.
7. High-resolution 494 point Fuel table (0-10,000 RPM and -10 to +42 PSI) allows fine tuning for performance and driveability.
8. Ability to run different fuels or performance levels using two (2) completely independent Fuel, Timing, O2 Adjust, Auxiliary Injector and Boost Control tables switchable on-the-fly.
9. Built-in display and logging of key engine parameters such as RPM, Throttle Position, Boost Pressure, Airflow, Timing Adjust, Auxiliary Injector Duty, Boost Control Duty.
10. On-board support for display and logging of popular aftermarket wideband Lambda sensors/controllers.
11. On-board programmable NOS window activation switch can also be used to turn on other accessories at set RPM/PSI points.
12. Faster and stronger boost with the on-board programmable Electronic Boost Control (EBC) using solenoid control of the wastegate.
13. Fast and repeatable launches using the on-board programmable Launch Control with Speed input and Ignition Retard.
14. Removal of factory Fuel and Speed Cuts using the on-board programmable Fuel Cut Defeat and Speed Cut Defeat.
15. Compensate for wheel size or gearing changes with the on-board programmable Speed Adjust.
16. Drive a Shift Light or alter VTEC™ point with the on-board programmable RPM Switch.
17. Single unit can be used for Naturally Aspirated or forced induction applications with user selectable pressure scale configuration.
18. Simple upgrade from MAP-ECU using the same 16-Way harness and ability to import and convert V2.1 and V2.2 Fuel tables.
19. Simple piggy-back installation only requires 7 wires to operate with no major re-wiring of OEM components.
MAP ECU 3 Quickstart Guide
MAP ECU 3 Manual
MAP ECU MAP-CAL 3 Manual
MAP ECU 3 Driver Installation Guide Windows XP
MAP ECU 3 Driver Installation Guide Windows Vista
MAP ECU 3 Driver Installation Guide Windows 7
MAP-CAL 3 Version 3.3.0